Re: join functions

From: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Zotov <zotov(at)oe-it(dot)ru>
Cc: Nicolas Barbier <nicolas(dot)barbier(at)gmail(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Subject: Re: join functions
Date: 2011-01-08 11:04:49
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Fri, Jan 7, 2011 at 8:34 AM, Zotov <zotov(at)oe-it(dot)ru> wrote:
> Thank you for your answer. Sorry, what i don`t find it myself.
> But I can`t see when it will be done? If nobody can do this (maybe no time)
> what i can do to help?! I know C - Language only to read code. (I`m
> Delphi-programmer) and this is not that feature what i can do myself. I can
> try, but... It`s look like difficult.

Yeah, it's difficult. I don't think it can be done without the
generalized inner-indexscan stuff Tom was working on a few months
back, but I'm not sure what the status of that is at the moment.

For now, your best option is probably to write a PL/pgsql function
that iterates over table1 and then does a SELECT that calls func1()
and does whatever else for each row in table1. This can be a little
slow but I think it's the only option in existing releases of
PostgreSQL.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company