Re: Streaming base backups

From: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
To: Cédric Villemain <cedric(dot)villemain(dot)debian(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Dimitri Fontaine <dimitri(at)2ndquadrant(dot)fr>, PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Streaming base backups
Date: 2011-01-11 08:44:28
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Tue, Jan 11, 2011 at 01:28, Cédric Villemain
<cedric(dot)villemain(dot)debian(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:
> 2011/1/10 Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>:
>> On Sun, Jan 9, 2011 at 23:33, Cédric Villemain
>> <cedric(dot)villemain(dot)debian(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:
>> I've committed the backend side of this, without that. Still working
>> on the client, and on cleaning up Heikki's patch for grammar/parser
>> support.
>
> attached is a small patch fixing "-d basedir" when its called with an
> absolute path.
> maybe we can use pg_mkdir_p() instead of mkdir ?

Heh, that was actually a hack to be able to run pg_basebackup on the
same machine as the database with the tablespaces. It will be removed
before commit :-) (It was also in the wrong place to work, I realize I
managed to break it in a refactor) I've put in a big ugly comment to
make sure it gets removed :-)

And yes, using pg_mkdir_p() is good. I used to do that, I think I
removed it by mistake when it was supposed to be removed elsewhere.
I've put it back.

--
 Magnus Hagander
 Me: http://www.hagander.net/