Re: Sync Rep v17

From: Jaime Casanova <jaime(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
To: Yeb Havinga <yebhavinga(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>, Simon Riggs <simon(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, Heikki Linnakangas <heikki(dot)linnakangas(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org, Daniel Farina <daniel(at)heroku(dot)com>
Subject: Re: Sync Rep v17
Date: 2011-02-25 19:40:35
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Fri, Feb 25, 2011 at 10:41 AM, Yeb Havinga <yebhavinga(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:

> I also did some initial testing on this patch and got the queue related
> errors with > 1 clients. With the code change from Jaime above I still got a
> lot of 'not on queue warnings'.
>
> I tried to understand how the queue was supposed to work - resulting in the
> changes below that also incorporates a suggestion from Fujii upthread, to
> early exit when myproc was found.

yes, looking at the code, the warning and your patch... it seems yours
is the right solution...
I'm compiling right now to test again and see the effects, Robert
maybe you can test your failure case again? i'm really sure it's
related to this...

--
Jaime Casanova         www.2ndQuadrant.com
Professional PostgreSQL: Soporte y capacitación de PostgreSQL