Fwd: [PERFORM] Clean up of archived Xlogs in postgres-9.

From: Nimesh Satam <nimesh(dot)zedo(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Fwd: [PERFORM] Clean up of archived Xlogs in postgres-9.
Date: 2010-10-22 11:14:15
Lists: pgsql-general pgsql-performance

Hi all,

We are trying to use the streaming replication of postgres9 and hence we
archive the WAL logs in the archive location. But we are not able find the
right documentation to clean the archive location.

As suggested by Erik Rijkers we tried using the pg_archivecleanup but we are
not sure, from which WAL location should the cleanup take place.

Can anybody suggest how we find which wal logs are safe to be dropped from
the archive location while using the pg_archivecleanup or any other options?
Any kind of documentation would be of great help.

Regards,
Nimesh.