Re: Automate Scripts to make for managing Large Database Servers.

From: Josh Kupershmidt <schmiddy(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Adarsh Sharma <adarsh(dot)sharma(at)orkash(dot)com>
Cc: Postgres General <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Automate Scripts to make for managing Large Database Servers.
Date: 2010-12-30 17:19:42
Lists: pgsql-general

On Wed, Dec 29, 2010 at 11:20 PM, Adarsh Sharma
<adarsh(dot)sharma(at)orkash(dot)com> wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> I am working on some common tasks that need to be performed on regular
> intervals in a large Database Servers. I find below lists of tasks that need
> to be performed and Please tell me if i missed some.
>
> 1. Tacking Daily, Weekly Backups.
> 2. Finding Space Occupied and Remaining in Data Paths or Hard Disks.
> 3. Performing Updates of Softwares.
> 4. Checking Servers Power Status.
>
> Please guide me some more tasks that need a proper attention.

That looks like a good start. I recommend looking at the
check_postgres.pl documentation (
http://bucardo.org/check_postgres/check_postgres.pl.html ) for ideas
on more things to check. And of course, using that package will make
the actual monitoring easy as well.

Josh