Re: Problems with max_connections parameter

From: Jorge Augusto Meira <jmeira(at)c3sl(dot)ufpr(dot)br>
To: Euler Taveira de Oliveira <euler(at)timbira(dot)com>
Cc: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, Kevin Grittner <Kevin(dot)Grittner(at)wicourts(dot)gov>, pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Problems with max_connections parameter
Date: 2010-12-06 20:09:54
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Hi, Euler

- How could the test program know?
The test program after any operation (inser, tupdate or select) receive a
message of postgres like OK or ERROR (Connection error: FATAL).

- Are you using some delay between one test and another one? I would be a
good idea, specially if you're restarting the PostgreSQL between tests.
Yes, I used a delay. After any test I restarted the postgres and cleared my
database.

Regards
Jorge

On Mon, Dec 6, 2010 at 4:26 PM, Euler Taveira de Oliveira <euler(at)timbira(dot)com