Re: setQueryTimout()

From: Samuel Gendler <sgendler(at)ideasculptor(dot)com>
To: knircky <knircky(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: setQueryTimout()
Date: 2010-09-28 04:07:26
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

On Mon, Sep 27, 2010 at 9:05 PM, Samuel Gendler
<sgendler(at)ideasculptor(dot)com>wrote:

> There may well be a much simpler way, but it is really easy to both read
> and build the jdbc driver code. It can't possibly be much work to find
> where that exception is being thrown and just return instead. What the side
> effects of doing so may be on the product is another question entirely.
> Don't write long running queries and it shouldn't be a problem, though ;-)

I also wouldn't be surprised to find out that it is possible to modify
mashzone's config in a manner which prevents the call to setQueryTimeout in
the first place. Try explicitly setting the timeout to 0 or -1 or some
other value that may imply infinity