Re: SQL/MED - core functionality

From: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Shigeru HANADA <hanada(at)metrosystems(dot)co(dot)jp>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: SQL/MED - core functionality
Date: 2010-12-26 04:52:07
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Wed, Dec 15, 2010 at 8:25 AM, Shigeru HANADA
<hanada(at)metrosystems(dot)co(dot)jp> wrote:
> In order to make review easier, fdw_core patch has been split into
> two parts, fdw_syntax and fdw_scan.  Please apply fdw_scan onto
> fdw_syntax to test whole features.

I'm working on getting a first chunk of this committed. I've removed
a number of features that I don't think are absolutely required for an
initial commit, simplified some things that seemed overly complicated
to me, and then done a bunch of cleanup of what's left. It is still a
very big patch, but it's approaching a size and level of complexity
that seems manageable to me (currently, about 2300 lines). I'm not
going to post it just yet because my version is still kind of a mess,
but I thought a quick heads-up that I'm grinding through it would be a
good idea, in order to avoid duplication of effort.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company