Re: configure gaps

From: Rob Wultsch <wultsch(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>
Cc: PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: configure gaps
Date: 2010-10-02 17:30:54
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Sat, Oct 2, 2010 at 10:01 AM, Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net> wrote:
> I'm, not sure if this is worth fixing, but it seemed worth mentioning. ISTM
> that if we pass configure, we should be able to assume that the requisite
> build tools, libraries, include files etc. are present.

<trolling>
One of the things I really like about drizzle is if there a missing
dependency it will explicitly tell you what you are missing and where
to go find it for popular platforms.

Not being able to easily build is a barrier to entry. Does pg want those?
</trolling>

--
Rob Wultsch
wultsch(at)gmail(dot)com