Re: drop view with out cascading the dependents

From: Ben Carbery <ben(dot)carbery(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: drop view with out cascading the dependents
Date: 2010-10-19 22:04:24
Lists: pgsql-general

You can always recreate the dependent views in the same process, since you
won't lose any data. If there are also linked tables you could use COPY
before deleting and recreating, it's fairly fast.

But..does the structure of your data really need to change? Just guessing,
but it just sounds a little like adjusting the schema to suit an
application, not the data.