Parsing issue in Open pg_hba.conf dialog

From: Dhiraj Chawla <dhiraj(dot)chawla(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
To: pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Parsing issue in Open pg_hba.conf dialog
Date: 2011-01-14 10:00:38
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

Hi,

Today I came across an issue in the Open pg_hba.conf dialog.

If your pg_hba.conf is something like this:

local all all trust
# IPv4 local connections:
host "all, samerole" all 127.0.0.1/32
trust
# IPv6 local connections:
host all "all, agent1" ::1/128
trust

Then the pg_hba.conf dialog shows something like this:

Type Database User IP-Address
Method Option
local all all
trust
host "all, samerole" all 127.0.0.1/32 trust
host all "all, agent1"
::1/128 trust

which I guess is an issue with the parser of pg_hba.conf file.

So I debugged it and was able to fix it.

I am attaching the patch for the fix herewith this email.

I am not sure if this was a correct scenario or what but this issue I was
facing so thought of working on it.

--
regards,
Dhiraj

Attachment Content-Type Size
HBA_Config_Dialog_Parse_master.patch application/octet-stream 552 bytes
HBA_Config_Dialog_Parse_REL_1_12.patch application/octet-stream 552 bytes