Re: JDK1.7 support

From: Maciek Sakrejda <msakrejda(at)truviso(dot)com>
To: Craig Ringer <craig(at)postnewspapers(dot)com(dot)au>
Cc: Dave Cramer <pg(at)fastcrypt(dot)com>, pgsql(dot)interfaces(dot)jdbc(at)googlegroups(dot)com, Valentine Gogichashvili <valgog(at)gmail(dot)com>, pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: JDK1.7 support
Date: 2011-04-01 16:36:01
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

> Even if you don't mirror to GitHub, git still makes it MUCH nicer for 3rd
> parties to develop patches to PgJDBC, especially if those patches take a
> while and need to track the PgJDBC mainline. Being able to create a personal
> feature branch is great; being able to share it when you want to is even
> better.

This is probably the biggest potential benefit for the project. I'm
not sure what effect it will have (if any) on contributions, but this
sort of thing is dead easy with github and still pretty easy with two
git repositories hosted on entirely different systems.

We're finally doing the last step of a prolonged svn-to-git migration
at Truviso and I've learned a thing or two about the migration
process. If the pgjdbc team decide to pull the trigger, I'll offer my
meager expertise to the endeavor.

---
Maciek Sakrejda | System Architect | Truviso

1065 E. Hillsdale Blvd., Suite 215
Foster City, CA 94404
(650) 242-3500 Main
www.truviso.com