Re: Problem in connecting to database

From: Deepak <mail(dot)dktyagi(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Rekha Ravi Pai <rekha(at)softjin(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-in-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Problem in connecting to database
Date: 2010-11-08 11:40:17
Lists: pgsql-in-general

Hi Rekha,

jdbc:postgresql://*localhost*/postgres?user=postgres&password=postgres"

From the code it seems that your Postgres database is running on the same
server on which application is running.a

1. check if Postgres database is running.
2. Telnet IP & Port like telnet localhost 5432.
3. In your code you should also mention Port of Postgres.
jdbc:postgresql://*localhost*
/postgres?user=postgres&password=postgres;Port=5432"

Please see the exact syntax in google for mentioning Port.

Hope this will help.

Regards,
Deepak