Re: Per-column collation

From: Pavel Stehule <pavel(dot)stehule(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Per-column collation
Date: 2010-11-15 10:34:19
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hello

I am checking a patch. I found a problem with initdb

[postgres(at)pavel-stehule postgresql]$ /usr/local/pgsql/bin/initdb -D
/usr/local/pgsql/data/
could not change directory to "/home/pavel/src/postgresql"
The files belonging to this database system will be owned by user "postgres".

The database cluster will be initialized with locale en_US.utf8.
The default database encoding has accordingly been set to UTF8.
The default text search configuration will be set to "english".

fixing permissions on existing directory /usr/local/pgsql/data ... ok
creating subdirectories ... ok
selecting default max_connections ... 100
selecting default shared_buffers ... 24MB
creating configuration files ... ok
creating template1 database in /usr/local/pgsql/data/base/1 ... ok
initializing pg_authid ... ok
initializing dependencies ... ok
creating system views ... ok
creating collations ...initdb: locale name has non-ASCII characters,
skipped: bokm�linitdb: locale name has non-ASCII characters, skipped:
fran�aiscould not determine encoding for locale "hy_AM.armscii8":
codeset is "ARMSCII-8"
could not determine encoding for locale "ka_GE": codeset is "GEORGIAN-PS"
could not determine encoding for locale "ka_GE.georgianps": codeset is
"GEORGIAN-PS"
could not determine encoding for locale "kk_KZ": codeset is "PT154"
could not determine encoding for locale "kk_KZ.pt154": codeset is "PT154"
could not determine encoding for locale "tg_TJ": codeset is "KOI8-T"
could not determine encoding for locale "tg_TJ.koi8t": codeset is "KOI8-T"
could not determine encoding for locale "thai": codeset is "TIS-620"
could not determine encoding for locale "th_TH": codeset is "TIS-620"
could not determine encoding for locale "th_TH.tis620": codeset is "TIS-620"
could not determine encoding for locale "vi_VN.tcvn": codeset is "TCVN5712-1"
FATAL: invalid byte sequence for encoding "UTF8": 0xe56c27
child process exited with exit code 1
initdb: removing contents of data directory "/usr/local/pgsql/data

tested on fedora 13

[postgres(at)pavel-stehule local]$ locale -a| wc -l
731

Regards

Pavel Stehule