Re: What happened to SSL_CIPHERS?

From: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
To: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: What happened to SSL_CIPHERS?
Date: 2010-10-29 17:39:04
Lists: pgsql-bugs

On Fri, Oct 29, 2010 at 10:01, Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com> wrote:

>>> So, did ssl_ciphers go away on purpose?  If so, why?  If not, why isn't
>>> it
>>> accessible?
>>
>> Are you sure you're on an SSL enabled build?
>
> Oh, good call ... I thought I'd installed the SSL build, but apparently not.
>
> Mind you, we *also* need a doc patch. ("This parameter is only available if
> PostgreSQL was built with SSL support").

Actually, I think it'd be more user friendly to make the parameter
still exist and be a no-op (maybe show the value NULL?) on non-SSL
enabled builds. Same goes for all other parameters that depend on a
specific compile flag. That would make life easier on automated tools
*and* on people sitting down at a new installation.

Thoughts?

--
 Magnus Hagander
 Me: http://www.hagander.net/