Re: Missing path in pg_config

From: Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>
To: "Turner, John J" <JJTurner(at)statestreet(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Missing path in pg_config
Date: 2010-09-29 22:55:26
Lists: pgsql-general

On Wed, Sep 29, 2010 at 7:23 PM, Turner, John J
<JJTurner(at)statestreet(dot)com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I’ve installed the PostgreSQL 9.0 binary package for Windows XP 32-bit and
> I’m trying to install the temporal extension module available in
> pg_Foundry.  One problem I can see that I’m running into is that the path
> defined for PGXS in pg_config does not exist:
>
> PGXS = c:/program files/PostgreSQL/9.0/lib/pgxs/src/makefiles/pgxs.mk
>
> I have a path up to the “…/lib” but nothing after that.  Do I need to
> re-install something or run a script to flesh things out?
>
> It seems when I follow the instructions for the temporal module install (as
> found here), it bombs out when it tries to find this path while running make
> install

PGXS doesn't work with the VC++ build we use for Windows. I wonder if
that output from pg_config should be #ifdef'd out until such time as
we can figure out a way to make it work - if that's even possible.

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com

The Enterprise Postgres Company