Re: where is pg_stat_activity (and others) in the documentation?

From: Willy-Bas Loos <willybas(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Scott Mead <scott(at)scottrmead(dot)com>
Cc: Vick Khera <vivek(at)khera(dot)org>, pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: where is pg_stat_activity (and others) in the documentation?
Date: 2010-11-17 07:46:22
Lists: pgsql-general

> You can find out exactly what you're waiting for by correlating this to the
> pg_locks table.
> Grab the 'procpid' of your waiting query and run:
> select * from pg_locks where pid=<thepid> and granted='f';
> Notice, in the pg_locks table, the logic works slightly different... if
> you're 'waiting' (pg_stat_activity), then you haven't been 'granted'
> (pg_locks).

Thanks.

> As far as documentation:
> http://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/static/monitoring-stats.html

I do think that we need per-column documentation of the Standard Statistics
Views.
Would it be considered for the documentation if i give describing them a
try?
If so, where do i send it ?

Cheers,

WBL

--
"Patriotism is the conviction that your country is superior to all others
because you were born in it." -- George Bernard Shaw