Re: Psycgop1 vs Psycopg2

From: Richard Harley <raharley0(at)googlemail(dot)com>
To: Daniele Varrazzo <daniele(dot)varrazzo(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: psycopg(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Psycgop1 vs Psycopg2
Date: 2011-01-14 13:58:42
Lists: psycopg

Thanks for your reply Daniel.

The escaped characters are causing problems for instance in this query:

INSERT INTO REGISTER (studentid, code) VALUES ('5632', '\')

In psycopg1 this works perfectly. In psycopg2 the \ escapes the next
character and causes a syntax error at the postgres level. At least this is
what I think is happening.. the versions of postgres I am testing on are the
same - 8.1, and Zope above that. I am concerned that altering how postgres
escapes characters would cause problems elsewhere. Do you advise to upgrade
to psycopg2 in production environment ?
Thanks
Richard