Re: Restore database form button

From: Thom Brown <thom(at)linux(dot)com>
To: Guillaume Lelarge <guillaume(at)lelarge(dot)info>
Cc: pgadmin-hackers <pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Restore database form button
Date: 2010-10-29 14:47:25
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

On 29 October 2010 15:34, Guillaume Lelarge <guillaume(at)lelarge(dot)info> wrote:

> Le 29/10/2010 06:16, Thom Brown a écrit :
> > On 28 October 2010 13:57, Thom Brown <thom(at)linux(dot)com> wrote:
> >
> >> Could you change the OK button on the Restore database form to
> >> Restore? I still press OK even after restoring a database as I see
> >> the log messages, and naturally assume OK will close the window.
> >>

> > Actually, I've noticed the restore form isn't consistent with the backup
> > form. When a backup has completed, the OK button changes to Done. Maybe
> > the restore form should exhibit the same behaviour.
> >

> And actually, it does. Did you do something specific for your restore?
> (I didn't change anything in the restore dialog, so it could be a
> specific option but I don't really see how that could be)

The scenario is using a custom backup (which happens to have the file
extention .sql), using 4 jobs, and not changing any other options. The
messages from this restore shows:

WARNING: errors ignored on restore: 43

Process returned exit code 1.

All the warnings appear to be the result of attempting to set the owner of
objects to a role which doesn't exist, but as it happens, I don't
particularly care about that in this case. After this, the OK button
doesn't change to Restore or Done. Just stays as OK.

Just retried it having created the role, and the button indeed changes to
Done.

But at no point do I see a Restore button, which I'd like to see instead of
OK.

--
Thom Brown
Twitter: @darkixion