Restarting PostgreSQL

From: "Rojas, Fernando (CIAT)" <f(dot)rojas(at)cgiar(dot)org>
To: <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Restarting PostgreSQL
Date: 2006-07-17 14:55:53
Lists: pgsql-admin

Im working with LINUX RH 8.x ((Red Hat Linux 8.0 3.2-7); I restart my machine but when I'm trying start or restart PosgreSQl (8.0.7)
Im getting this in the log file:

LOG: could not create IPv6 socket: Address family not supported by protocol
FATAL: database files are incompatible with operating system
DETAIL: The database cluster was initialized with LC_COLLATE "en_US.UTF-8", which is not recognized by setlocale().
HINT: It looks like you need to initdb or install locale support.

Some help for this.

Thank You

FERNANDO ROJAS
Ingeniero de Sistemas y Computación
Unidad de Sistemas de Información
Centro Internacional de Agricultura Tropical (CIAT)
E-mail: frojas(at)cgiar(dot)org
Phone:(57-2)445-01-00 Ext 3647