Re: New Object Access Type hooks

From: Mark Dilger <mark(dot)dilger(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Thomas Munro <thomas(dot)munro(at)gmail(dot)com>, PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Joshua Brindle <joshua(dot)brindle(at)crunchydata(dot)com>, Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>, Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>, Jeff Davis <pgsql(at)j-davis(dot)com>, Joe Conway <joe(at)crunchydata(dot)com>
Subject: Re: New Object Access Type hooks
Date: 2022-04-04 17:56:11
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> On Apr 4, 2022, at 10:51 AM, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us> wrote:
>
> Oh, I'm barking up the wrong tree. This test must have been run
> against HEAD between 6da65a3f9 (23 Feb) and 2beb4acff (31 Mar), when
> pump_until indeed didn't print this essential information :-(
>
> If you just got this failure, could you look in the log to
> see if there's a pump_until report?

I was running `make -j12 check-world` against my local patched version of master:

commit 80399fa5f208c4acd4ec194c47e534ba8dd3ae7c (HEAD -> 0001)
Author: Mark Dilger <mark(dot)dilger(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
Date: Mon Mar 28 13:35:11 2022 -0700

Allow grant and revoke of privileges on parameters

Add new SET and ALTER SYSTEM privileges for configuration parameters
(GUCs), and a new catalog, pg_parameter_acl, for tracking grants of
these privileges.

The privilege to SET a parameter marked USERSET is inherent in that
parameter's marking and cannot be revoked. This saves cycles when
performing SET operations, as looking up privileges in the catalog
can be skipped. If we find that administrators need to revoke SET
privilege on a particular variable from public, that variable can be
redefined in future releases as SUSET with a default grant of SET to
PUBLIC issued.

commit 4eb9798879680dcc0e3ebb301cf6f925dfa69422 (origin/master, origin/HEAD, master)
Author: Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>
Date: Mon Apr 4 10:12:30 2022 -0400

Avoid freeing objects during json aggregate finalization

Commit f4fb45d15c tried to free memory during aggregate finalization.
This cause issues, particularly when used as a window function, so stop
doing that.

Per complaint by Jaime Casanova and diagnosis by Andres Freund

Discussion: https://postgr.es/m/YkfeMNYRCGhySKyg@ahch-to

The test logs are attached.

Attachment Content-Type Size
013_crash_restart_primary.log application/octet-stream 10.6 KB
unknown_filename text/plain 96 bytes