2 questions about types

From: "Jason Tesser" <JTesser(at)nbbc(dot)edu>
To: <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: 2 questions about types
Date: 2005-03-16 13:07:52
Lists: pgsql-general

1. i have a few funcions that depend on a type. i don't want to have to srop every function just so I can drop the type and recreat everything.
Is there a better way to do this in Postgres?

2. The reason I had to create my own type was because record didn't ork for me when I was selecting data across multiple tables.
I thought it should be dynamic but it only seems to work if i select all data in one table. I need 2-3 columns from multiple
tables.
Is there a better way to do this in Postgres?

I am using Suse with Postgres 7.4.2 but am considering an upgrade to 8.0

Thank you,
Jason Tesser