Re: Last inserted id

From: Dave Page <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: "'Simeo Reig'" <simreig(at)terra(dot)es>
Cc: "'pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org'" <pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Last inserted id
Date: 2001-11-12 08:23:08
Lists: pgsql-odbc

Use option A), it's multi-user safe whereas the other method isn't.

> Another question please : Are you pleased with Postgres ?
> I have to make a project with almost 50 tables (five with
> arround 100.000 rows), and 20 concurrent users. Can postgres
> make a good job?

I'm project lead for pgAdmin II (pgadmin.postgresql.org) so I'm probably a
bit biased :-) but the main server I run at work hosts about 12 databases
for interactive (VB) applications, PHP apps and also logs data from 3 PBXs.
Most of the databases have at least 10 tables in them (a couple have about
40) and I have some tables over 1.7 million rows. In short, PostgreSQL does
a great job for me and I use it wherever I can (incidently, I also have
Informix, MS-SQL & Unidata servers here which I could have used instead of
PostgreSQL).

Regards, Dave.