Website/Colours/Logos

From: Dave Page <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: "'Max(at)littlepinkkat(dot)freeserve(dot)co(dot)uk'" <Max(at)littlepinkkat(dot)freeserve(dot)co(dot)uk>
Subject: Website/Colours/Logos
Date: 2001-10-29 11:08:43
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

Hi,

Mark & I have been tinkering with a design for a new website for a few,
well, hours and would appreciate any feedback. A test site is running at
http://www.pgadmin.org. The site is based on a PHP template with the content
stored in a PostgreSQL (of course) database for easy updating.

I'd like to see the website design tie in with the other graphics we need,
namely:

120x120 advert. This needs to be a complete advert for 'pgAdmin II' as it
will be used as a banner add on the main and other PostgreSQL sites.
350x250 Splash screen. This needs to have the bottom 50 rows of pixels
fairly plain so I can add text labels over them for the version/copyright
info.
480x100 Banner. This will be used as the banner on all the web pages and in
the helpfile. Ideally this should also resize well to 360x75

If anyone has any good designs they'd like to offer, please email them to me
directly (I'm happy to change the website to match a good design), comments
to the list please.

If possible, I'd like to tie in the first release version of pgAdmin II
(1.2.0) with the release of PostgreSQL 7.2 (which has just gone into beta).
As part of this release, I want to get both the graphics and and website
finalised.

Once we have some feedback, we (the list and Dev Team) can make a decision
about what we like and don't like.

Cheers, Dave.

--
Dave Page (dpage(at)postgresql(dot)org)