Re: Problems

From: Dave Page <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: "'eday(at)sandibooks(dot)com'" <eday(at)sandibooks(dot)com>, pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Problems
Date: 2001-10-25 20:45:22
Lists: pgadmin-support

Hi Eric,

pgAdmin marks databases with an X when it can't access them for some reason.
It is desinged to do this primarily in situations where an ISP or sysadmin
has given a user access only to specific databases.

In your case, I would suggest checking your pg_hba.conf file on the server.
In the *first* line in the file that will match your workstation, make sure
that it specifies 'all' (without the quotes) as the database name, rather
than just 'template1' which it sounds like is probably there at the moment.

Regards, Dave.