Re: [HACKERS] What about CREATE OR REPLACE FUNC

From: Dave Page <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: "'Jean-Michel POURE'" <jm(dot)poure(at)freesurf(dot)fr>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>, pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] What about CREATE OR REPLACE FUNC
Date: 2001-10-08 14:02:17
Lists: pgadmin-hackers pgsql-hackers

It's already done in pgAdmin CVS (committed this morning) and I believe
Bruce committed the patch to PostgreSQL on 2nd October. I just haven't
tested it yet as I can't find an up-to-date snapshot and I don't know the
magic that has to be worked on the PostgreSQL CVS version of the configure
script in order to make it run without barfing.

> 2) PL/pgSQL default support
> It is sometimes tricky for Windows users to install a
> language remotely on
> a Linux box (no access to createlang and/or no knowledge of
> handlers). So
> why not enable PL/pgSQL by default?

2nd 'ed!

Regards, Dave.