Re: Little Help please

From: Dave Page <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: "'Dave & Eileen Brooks'" <daveeileen(at)home(dot)com>, pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Little Help please
Date: 2001-10-06 17:52:11
Lists: pgadmin-support

-----Original Message-----
From: Dave & Eileen Brooks [mailto:daveeileen(at)home(dot)com]
Sent: 06 October 2001 18:27
To: pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: [pgadmin-support] Little Help please

I recently downloaded pgadmin II and installed it on windows 98.

I have postgresql running on readhat 7 standard installation.

I Start postmaster & to run in the bg.
Netstat shows that PGDATA is listening on port 5432

When I try to connect pgadmin as postgres, I get a "-2147467259" error
message.

I have been unable to connect to your mail list and can not find any
resources to help with the problem.
Is there an online manual or document that can help me with this problem?

Hi Dave,

What is the message you get with the error number - thats a fairly generic
number that normally means that the ODBC driver returned an error?

The manual can be found on the Help menu, however it is currenty a copy of
the website and doesn't yet include an faq or troubleshooting guide.

Regards, Dave.