Re: Editing tables

From: Dave Page <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: "'Colin Freas'" <cef6(at)georgetown(dot)edu>, pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Editing tables
Date: 2001-10-05 07:17:03
Lists: pgadmin-support

Yes, in pgAdmin II some modification (to the extent permitted by
PostgreSQL's SQL grammar) is possible, and adding a column is in that list.

If you select a table object in the treeview, and the click the Properties
button (or use the right click menu). On the Columns tab of the table
properties, use the Add button to add new columns. Your changes will not be
actually applied until you hit the OK button on the table properties
dialogue, and until then you can add or remove *new* columns as you please.
Once changes have been applied, you can't remove columns.

We are working on more functions to allow other table alterations including
dropping of an existing column, however that is *very* complex to do, so it
may take us a while.

HTH, regards,

Dave.

--