Re: Updatable views

From: Bernd Helmle <mailings(at)oopsware(dot)de>
To: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
Cc: Patches <pgsql-patches(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Updatable views
Date: 2006-08-21 14:35:49
Lists: pgsql-hackers pgsql-patches

--On Montag, August 21, 2006 02:07:41 -0400 Alvaro Herrera

> Hi,
>
> This is the patch for updatable views I've been able to come up with. A
> nasty bug was just discovered in the upcoming Mammoth Replicator release
> so I'm not sure if I'm going to have time to work more on it soon.
>
> So, I'll appreciate if somebody else takes the responsability to fix the
> remaining issues. I've put a lot of XXX's and some FIXME's.
> Some
> functions are in need of some comments as well.

I'll try to complete the missing comments and to make some statements
cleaner.

> The new files are src/backend/rewrite/viewUpdate.c and
> src/include/rewrite/viewUpdate.h. The third file, upd-views.sql, is
> intended to be a new regression test. Extra points if the table therein
> is completed correctly.
>
> I haven't tested the array stuff at all.
>
> Comments from Bernd and Jaime are especially welcome if I've broken
> something that used to work on their patch :-)

I see that the current patch doesn't support subqueries in the WHERE-clause
anymore.
You can find one example in the attached SQL-script. Is there a reason why
you
dropped this?

--
Thanks

Bernd

Attachment Content-Type Size
regress_view_update_check_option2.sql application/octet-stream 1.3 KB