RE: [HACKERS] Large objects error - expected a 'V' from the backe nd

From: Peter Mount <petermount(at)it(dot)maidstone(dot)gov(dot)uk>
To: Chris Bitmead <chris(dot)bitmead(at)bigfoot(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: RE: [HACKERS] Large objects error - expected a 'V' from the backe nd
Date: 1999-03-30 08:53:19
Lists: pgsql-hackers

I'd advise you get 6.4.2 or better still wait until 6.5 is out.

When working on large object support for JDBC (at the time I was using
6.3.x) I came across this. The problem is caused by the order that libpq
expects the packets from the backend, and if memory serves (which it
isn't at the moment) a patch was submitted for it.

Peter

--
Peter T Mount, IT Section
petermount(at)it(dot)maidstone(dot)gov(dot)uk