Re: pg_receivexlog add synchronous mode

From: <furuyao(at)pm(dot)nttdata(dot)co(dot)jp>
To: <masao(dot)fujii(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: <andres(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, <teranishih(at)nttdata(dot)co(dot)jp>
Subject: Re: pg_receivexlog add synchronous mode
Date: 2014-07-25 09:44:13
Lists: pgsql-hackers

This patch was made by the following process.

1. post patch for additional pg_receivexlog synchronous mode.

3. The synchronization mode was necessary to reply after flush at a flush position, but --status-interval for setting at least 1 second, it was pointed out.
Therefore I changed it to the patch to add the mode which the same interval flush with walreceiver, and I canceled the synchronization mode.

4. The refactor patch was offered, and there was the "--fsync-interval" option in the "pg_recvlogical" which specifies a flush interval.
I changed it to the patch which did flush specified interval by the "--fsync-interval" in the same way as "pg_recvlogical".

5. Post the patch that reflects the comments centered on the document pointed out that.

6. The patch for correcting the operation at the time of specifying zero as "--status-interval" was offered.

Regards,

--
Furuya Osamu

Attachment Content-Type Size
pg_receivexlog-add-fsync-interval-v3.patch application/octet-stream 23.3 KB