RE: [SQL] Duplicate tuples with unique index

From: Iain(dot)Mott(at)CMIS(dot)CSIRO(dot)AU
To: pgsql-sql(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: RE: [SQL] Duplicate tuples with unique index
Date: 2000-01-26 23:03:40
Lists: pgsql-sql

Dear List

I'm new to SQL and databases in general. I'm writing an interface to
postgresql in C for a music application.

Presently, my interface returns instances of each query with an index. This
is done in my coding rather than a result of the SQL query itself.

Is there a simple way to ask for an index to each instance of a query in
SQL? (positioned in the first field of the results).

Cheers,

Iain Mott
<http://soundart.tripod.com>