Re: Buffer Cache Problem

From: jacktby jacktby <jacktby(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: boekewurm+postgres(at)gmail(dot)com
Subject: Re: Buffer Cache Problem
Date: 2023-11-10 14:31:40
Lists: pgsql-hackers

In the bus_internal.h,I see
Note: Buffer header lock (BM_LOCKED flag) must be held to examine or change tag, state or wait_backend_pgprocno fields.
As we all know, this buffer header lock is implemented by a bit in state filed, and this state field is a atomic_u32 type, so in fact we don’t need to
hold buffer lock when we update state, this comment has error,right?