Re: 08.00.0002 useless :-)

From: "Scot Loach" <sloach(at)sandvine(dot)com>
To: "Johann Zuschlag" <zuschlag2(at)online(dot)de>, <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>, <pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: 08.00.0002 useless :-)
Date: 2004-11-11 18:34:42
Lists: pgsql-odbc

This behavior was added in a patch between the last released version of 7.03.0200, which was about a year ago, and the new driver. So the old released driver doesn't have this problem.

It only occurs for certain rare operations, such as the one you are doing, and the one I was doing when I ran into it (using server-side prepared queries), which is why most people don't have an issue.

Your application was never filtering the brackets, the old driver was correct.

scot.