Re: please suggest i need to test my upgrade

From: Albe Laurenz <laurenz(dot)albe(at)wien(dot)gv(dot)at>
To: "M Tarkeshwar Rao *EXTERN*" <m(dot)tarkeshwar(dot)rao(at)ericsson(dot)com>, "pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: please suggest i need to test my upgrade
Date: 2013-08-14 11:15:40
Lists: pgsql-general

M Tarkeshwar Rao wrote:
> We are upgrading our mediation product from postgres 8.1 to postgres 9.1
>
> Can you please suggest some test cases or some issues which may hamper us?

This is the first thing that comes to mind:
http://petereisentraut.blogspot.co.at/2008/03/readding-implicit-casts-in-postgresql.html

But you may encounter other incompatibilities.

Read the release nots of all major releases between 8.2 and 9.1,
but most of all, test your application well.

Yours,
Laurenz Albe