Re: Benchmark

From: David Emery <dave(at)skiddlydee(dot)com>
To: mixo(at)coza(dot)net(dot)za
Cc: pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Benchmark
Date: 2003-08-17 03:48:24
Lists: pgsql-performance

On Saturday, August 16, 2003, at 01:21 AM, Josh Berkus wrote:

> Mixo,
>
>> I need to is measure the perfomance of a ticketing system (written in
>> perl)
>> which has web interface (html::mason, apache2) with Pg as a backend.
>> Users
>> of the ticketing system can only connect to the backend via the web
>> interface
>
> I'd suggest Perl LWP. There's even a good article on how to use it in
> last
> month's Linux Magazine (or the previous month, not sure).

The Perl module HTTP::WebTest should help you do what you want.

http://search.cpan.org/author/ILYAM/HTTP-WebTest-2.03/lib/HTTP/
WebTest.pm

It should save a ton of time over building one from scratch. Lots of
docs too. There are other Perl web testing tools too if you do a search
at:

http://search.cpan.org

HTH,
Dave