Re: pg_restore error

From: Scott Frankel <leknarf(at)pacbell(dot)net>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: PostgreSQL List <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: pg_restore error
Date: 2005-12-02 03:50:13
Lists: pgsql-general

Yes, the tar file contains a file called 1765.dat. A `cat` of that
file shows nothing more than an empty line (i.e.: a carriage return).

-rw------- 1 frankel prod 1 Nov 29 11:20 1765.dat

Extracting the archive, tar reported a "lone zero block." I don't
know what this refers to.

tar: A lone zero block at 9242

I'm happy to either help debug Ft or switch to Fc in my scripts. I
was under the impression, though, that Ft was required to backup db's
with blobs. I am storing some thumbnail jpg images in my db.

I'd also be interested to know if the pg_restore error is due to my
upgrade to postgres 8.1 or macosx 10.4.3.

Thanks
Scott