Re: PostgreSQL installation problem on Windows XP Home

From: Bearden Barnes <BBarnes(at)sprich(dot)com>
To: "'Hagop H(dot)'" <HagopH(at)hotpop(dot)com>
Cc: PGSQL-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org, PGSQL-cygwin(at)postgresql(dot)org, PGSQL-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org, PGSQL-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: PostgreSQL installation problem on Windows XP Home
Date: 2005-03-04 22:10:25
Lists: pgsql-admin pgsql-cygwin pgsql-general pgsql-novice

See the following article in Microsoft's Knowledgebase which describes how
to get to the system accounts in Windows XP Home. It specifically addresses
changing the Windows administrator password, but as long as you follow the
directions you should see the postgres account along with administrator and
other system accounts.

Cannot Change the Password for the Administrator Account in User Accounts in
Control Panel
Article ID : 298252
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;298252
<http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;298252>