Re: Bug in pgadmin III displaying/exporting dat

From: Godshall Michael <Michael_Godshall(at)gmachs(dot)com>
To: 'Andreas Pflug' <pgadmin(at)pse-consulting(dot)de>
Cc: "'pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org'" <pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Bug in pgadmin III displaying/exporting dat
Date: 2003-10-02 21:17:29
Lists: pgadmin-hackers pgadmin-support

Ok,

In pgadminII I could choose to output the results directly to a text file
without having them first displayed on the screen. That is what I was
really trying to do(I normally don't try to read the 5000 characters in the
pgadmin window).

Is their a way to do this in pgadminIII without first having it try to
display the data?

I guess I can insert my select * from X into a temp table and then use the
postgresql copy command to export the temp table into a text file. It just
is a little more work than just selecting the output to text from the drop
down box.

I use linux at home and would test it there if I can get pgadminIII
installed on it. Last time I tried it failed because I did not have ssl and
crypto so.4 libraries. My Redhat 8.0 box has versions so.2. Maybe I
downloaded the wrong version of pgadminIII.

Thanks for the response.

Mike