configure and DocBook XML

From: Paul Förster <paul(dot)foerster(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: configure and DocBook XML
Date: 2020-11-26 09:11:00
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi,

I always compile PostgreSQL from source and never install a pre-compiled package. When I run configure, the last check, which is for DocBook XML always takes very long compared to all others. It's about 15 to 20 secs or so. I noticed that with many configure scripts, not only the one of PostgreSQL. Why is that?

Cheers,
Paul