ERROR: relation "xxx" already exists but where????

From: "Joost Kraaijeveld" <J(dot)Kraaijeveld(at)Askesis(dot)nl>
To: <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: ERROR: relation "xxx" already exists but where????
Date: 2007-08-20 14:41:59
Lists: pgsql-general

I managed to drop a table without apparently droppig it's primary key
After recreating the table I try to recreate the primary key.

If I run the following:

ALTER TABLE case_histories
ADD CONSTRAINT case_histories_pkey PRIMARY KEY(case_history_id);

Postgresql responds with:

NOTICE: ALTER TABLE / ADD PRIMARY KEY will create implicit index "case_histories_pkey" for table "case_histories"

ERROR: relation "case_histories_pkey" already exists
SQL state: 42P07

The table does not have this key. Assuming that the response is correct, where can I find and/or delete this relation? I have deleted an entry inpg_constraint with that name but that did not do the trick

TIA

Joost

Joost