Re: Microsoft Cluster for Failsafe

From: "Al-Salami, Adel" <saa(at)klinkhammer(dot)com>
To: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>, Simon Riggs <simon(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
Cc: "pgsql-cluster-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-cluster-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Microsoft Cluster for Failsafe
Date: 2011-09-09 06:54:45
Lists: pgsql-cluster-hackers

Thanks for the prompt response,

Good to hear that, but really I cannot find a document how to configure Postgres as Failover on a 2 node MS cluster (one data store which could be owned by one node at a time and two Postgres Instances on both nodes one is active and the other is passive, just like oracle Failsafe on ms cluster), the available documentation is only mentioning the Replication and standby are the only choices for Postgres High availability and Clustering-Failover not.

Cheers
Adel