Re: colored PL with emacs

From: John DeSoi <jd(at)icx(dot)net>
To: Manuel Sugawara <masm(at)fciencias(dot)unam(dot)mx>
Cc: Stephen Quinney <stephen(dot)quinney(at)computing-services(dot)oxford(dot)ac(dot)uk>, Martin Marques <martin(at)bugs(dot)unl(dot)edu(dot)ar>, pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: colored PL with emacs
Date: 2004-09-01 15:57:33
Lists: pgsql-sql

On Aug 31, 2004, at 1:23 PM, Manuel Sugawara wrote:

>> I have SQL highlighting, but what I want are colors for the PL/pgSQL
>> key words. It would make PL programming much easier.
>
> Since the Pl/PgSQL code is quoted (x)emacs paints the whole thing
> using the string face. Delete one of the apostrophes delimiting the
> code while editing and you should get some highlighting.

I'm working on an editor specifically designed for PostgreSQL and
plpgsql programming. It colors syntax within function strings and helps
get the quoting right (8.0 dollar quoting is also supported). The
editor is based on emacs but it also has emulation modes that are more
friendly for those who are not familiar with emacs. I hope to start
beta testing the Mac OS X version next week, followed by a Windows
version probably in October. I have not yet decided if I will do a
Linux version, but it should be possible. The estimated price for this
product is $65.

Send me an email if you are interested in beta testing the Mac OS X
version.

Best,

John DeSoi, Ph.D.