db andtable schemas

From: "Jamie Lawrence Jenner" <jlj(at)webgremlins(dot)net>
To: <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: db andtable schemas
Date: 2006-12-09 21:32:35
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi there

I am creating a code generator to build our project from our postgress data
base

But, what I cant seem to find is the sql to do the following

1. Retrieve a list of tables from a given database
2. How to retrieve a list of table properties from a table
3. how retireve what constraints a table has
4. foreign ekeys
5. primary keys

I would be really greatful if someone could point me in the direction

Many thanks

Jamie