Largest DATABASE

From: Jamil <jamil(dot)figueira(at)ibi(dot)com(dot)br>
To: "'pgsql-benchmarks(at)postgresql(dot)org'" <pgsql-benchmarks(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Largest DATABASE
Date: 2004-09-14 18:40:05
Lists: pgsql-benchmarks

Hello everyone,

I would like to know witch was the largest database that you ever
had to administrate. My database is about to 160GB and I´ve got some
problems to backup it using the pg_dump command and I too have some problems
to run vaccum.
Do you know any other way to do this operations?

My hardware is a IBM F50 with 4 processors and 2GB RAM and 163GB of
hard disks plus 16GB of disks to the AIX Operation System. My backup unit is
a 20/40 DAT and if I do a pg_dump them compress it, I can put all the
database in only one tape.