compiling psqlodbc on a non-server computer

From: Emmanuel PRESTAT <prestat(at)biomserv(dot)univ-lyon1(dot)fr>
To: pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: compiling psqlodbc on a non-server computer
Date: 2006-09-05 16:33:24
Lists: pgsql-odbc

Hi,
I try to compile psqlodbc on my computer (a mac intel platform, but
I don't think that it is the problem), so I put :

$ ./configure --with-iodbc

and I get :

checking for pg_config... no
configure: error: pg_config not found

I try to find it, and I found this file on the server which is not my
computer... ?? So did I miss something or it isn't possible to
compile it outside of the server (I wish I missed something) ?
I hope that someone could help me,
thanks a lot,

Emmanuel