shell command library loading problem on Solaris

From: "Madere, Colin" <colin(dot)madere(at)ieminc(dot)com>
To: "'pgsql-ports(at)postgresql(dot)org'" <pgsql-ports(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: shell command library loading problem on Solaris
Date: 2002-10-29 18:46:57
Lists: pgsql-ports

POSTGRESQL BUG REPORT TEMPLATE

Your name : Colin Madere
Your email address : colin(dot)madere(at)ieminc(dot)com

System Configuration
Architecture (example: Intel Pentium) : x86/Pentium

Operating System (example: Linux 2.0.26 ELF) : Solaris 7

PostgreSQL version (example: PostgreSQL-7.2.3): PostgreSQL-7.2.3

Compiler used (example: gcc 2.95.2) : gcc 3.2

The installation documention states that the LD_LIBRARY_PATH does not need
to be set for a list of OSs including Solaris, yet I had to set it for the
bin components to run.

Please describe a way to repeat the problem. Please try to provide a

If you know how this problem might be fixed, list the solution below: