Re: BUG #3110: Online Backup introduces Duplicate OIDs

From: Randy Isbell <jisbell(at)cisco(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: BUG #3110: Online Backup introduces Duplicate OIDs
Date: 2007-03-16 23:17:42
Lists: pgsql-bugs

On Mar 13, 2007, at 10:40 AM, Tom Lane wrote:

> The backup label file, of course. So we have the smoking gun: it's
> not seeing the backup label file. Question is why not. You do have
> that in the $PGDATA directory at the moment of postmaster start, no?
>
> regards, tom lane

Well, buggers. That was it.

The usage of backup_label is not clearly documented in the manual, I
will submitted a user comment on the 23.3 page of the 8.2 manual.

After ensuring backup_label is present, the recovery proceeded from
the correct point.

Thanks for your help in tracking this down. I believe we can safely
say this is NOT a bug, and close this thread.

Regards,
- r.

Randy Isbell
Technical Leader