Re: SLRU optimization - configurable buffer pool and partitioning the SLRU lock

From: "Andrey M(dot) Borodin" <x4mmm(at)yandex-team(dot)ru>
To: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)alvh(dot)no-ip(dot)org>
Cc: Dilip Kumar <dilipbalaut(at)gmail(dot)com>, tender wang <tndrwang(at)gmail(dot)com>, PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: SLRU optimization - configurable buffer pool and partitioning the SLRU lock
Date: 2023-12-13 12:19:11
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> On 12 Dec 2023, at 18:28, Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)alvh(dot)no-ip(dot)org> wrote:
>
> Andrey, do you have any stress tests or anything else that you used to
> gain confidence in this code?

We are using only first two steps of the patchset, these steps do not touch locking stuff.

We’ve got some confidence after Yura Sokolov’s benchmarks [0]. Thanks!

Best regards, Andrey Borodin.

[0] https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/flat/e46cdea96979545b2d8a13b451d8b1ce61dc7238.camel%40postgrespro.ru#0ed2cad11470825d464093fe6b8ef6a3