MS Access can't insert with ODBC connection to PostgreSQL

From: Matthew <matt(at)ctlno(dot)com>
To: "'pgsql-interfaces(at)postgreSQL(dot)org'" <pgsql-interfaces(at)postgreSQL(dot)org>
Subject: MS Access can't insert with ODBC connection to PostgreSQL
Date: 1998-06-14 07:35:57
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

Hello, I downloaded the latest ODBC driver for PostgreSQL from
http://www.insightdist.com/psqlodbc/ version number 06.30.0245. I got
this driver to work and show data from my database after editing the
pg_hba.conf file. However, I can't insert new records in the normal
access way. I can do these inserts when I connect to MS SQL server with
an ODBC driver in the same manner as above. Is this typical? Or do I
have something configured wrong? I unchecked both readonly checkboxes
in the ODBC config, but that had no effect. I was able to do a manual
insert query by hardcoding it.

Please help,

Thanks much,

Matt O'Connor